OnTrack Section #: 67138, Course #: 59637
Today we’ll take a look at getting the most from some new and ‘old’ resources available to you. I’ll show you some things to really leverage the power of your Chromebooks and I’ll show (or maybe remind you) of some of the incredible resources that have been available to you through the Pioneer Online Library for some time.
- Chromebooks in Education, including links to:
- Integrating Chromebooks & Google Docs into your Classroom
- Paperless Workflow and Digital Portfolios with Google Docs
- Evernote Web and Evernote Web Clipper
- Let’s do a screenshot and also show how to clip a good article:
- Link = Paper+ !
Pioneer Library – pioneer.uen.org
- Google should not be the main source for both teacher lesson plans and student research.
- Students can login from home at pioneer.uen.org: view login & password on bottom of main Pioneer page
- Quick Reference Guide: Paper and Online (link on top of main Pioneer page)
- Want your kids to get more familiar with Pioneer Library? Download a Scavenger Hunt (DOC or PDF)
- Resources Around the Curriculum
- Quality educational videos
- REAL research tools
- Great kid-friendly, content specific Web sites curated by the American Library Association
- Utah specific eTextbooks and other Open Education Resources
Your Turn! Please take a few moments and search for a Pioneer Library resource that you could use in your classroom tomorrow. When you have found it, please share the link for that resource to the group via the Mentimeter poll accessed below: