Today we’ll be going through a few of the more advanced things you can do with your iPad in the classroom – for you, your teaching, and for student produced projects.
Here’s the agenda for our session today, complete with links to the apps that I’ll be highlighting and their cost (if any). If the cost does not follow the name of the app, it’s a free one.
- Presenting from your iPad – both connected to your projector & by controlling your desktop computer – using 2Screens Presentation Expert ($5.99) & Splashtop Remote Desktop ($4.99) or the Reflection app to mirror your iPad screen to your desktop and projector.
- Screencasting with ScreenChomp & Explain Everything ($2.99)
- Creating rich media projects with iMovie ($4.99), Animoto, Storyrobe ($0.99) & SonicPics ($2.99)
- Classroom quizzing and formative assessment with eClicker & eClicker Host ($9.99) or use Socrative for free.
- Free/inexpensive text books with iBooks 2
- Access great educational content with the new iTunes U app – even create your own online courses!
- Resources for finding the best apps for education, and sharing our favorites