Ever heard of email? That's how we'll be creating a classroom blog (or website – they are the same thing really…) today using a great service called Posterous. The training agenda, links and resources will follow the jump!
- First thing is to create an account… Er, skip that. Not necessary! Start by logging into your Millard email account.
- Compose a message to email@example.com.
- The subject of your message will be the title of your first entry.
- The body of the mesage will be the content of your entry.
- Attach anything you'd like to include to the message. Posterous will figure out how to best display it.
- Have a link to a video? Just paste it in the body, and Posterous will embed the video for you.
- Attach photos, music files, documents, slide shows – whatever you have the right to publish and share, and Posterous will take care of the rest.
- Send your message when you are ready.
- After a moment, you'll receive a message back from Posterous to let you know that your new site has been set up. Follow the link in the message to set up an address and a password.
- While we are here, let's take a few minutes to:
- Update your profile
- Customize the theme of your site
- Decide whether this is a group site or a site just for you.
- I'll add things here if necessary…
- If you get stuck or have questions, head to the Posterous FAQ page.