UTIPS Core Quick Start Guide
Click here to view my Quick Start slides (opens in a new tab).
If you are just getting started, or want to get started using UTIPS Core for formative assessment in your classroom, but have not had any training or instruction, take a look at my quick(ish) guide below. You can also find an online manual for UTIPS Core here.
If you still have questions, feel free to contact me. If many teachers at your school would like some help or training on UTIPS Core, have your principal contact me to provide a training for your school in the SEDC region.
OnTrack Section #: 66496, Course #: 59353
All you ever wanted to know about UTIPS Core is here. However, if that’s not enough, here are a few highlights:
- Kane County UTIPS Login Page: http://kane.utips.org
- UTIPS Core online documentation/manual
Follow the links below for more information about each of the sessions I have presented today at the Garfield Opening Institute:
- OnTrack – All of your Professional Development, classroom evaluations and professional growth planning all in one place.
- Google Sites – Create and manage your teacher web site right from your Google account
- UTIPS Core – Formative assessment made easy, and what is going on with Assessment in Utah
Thanks for your time Thursday to discuss what’s happening with assessment in Utah, UTIPS Core, and eMedia. Please review the recording of our session below if you have any questions or missed any or all of the training. As always, please let me know if you have any specific questions!
Although there is not an Item Pool to draw questions from in 1st and 2nd grades, you are not out of options as far as using UTIPS Core for benchmark exams and assessing how your students are doing. A year or so ago, the State Office released some no longer used versions of the CRT exams in Mathematics and Language Arts for 1st and 2nd Grades. I’ve taken those exams, and put them into the old UTIPS.
The good news is that you can import these exams into your new UTIPS Core acccount to use with your students – just follow the directions below:
First, log into UTIPS with your respective district or charter address. Once you have logged in, click on the ‘Settings’ link – it’s the bottom link on the left side of the page. Just beneath your email address (if it’s not in there, add it now for password recovery later!), find and click the button labeled ‘Import Folders/Tests from UTIPS’. A new pane of options will appear to the right. See the image below.
If you’d like to add your old UTIPS tests, you can choose your local UTIPS Server, add your own account credentials, and import away. For the 1st and 2nd Grade CRT’s, here’s what you need to do:
- 1st Grade Assessments
- Server: SEDC
- Username: crt1st
- password: sedc
- 2nd Grade Assessments
- Server: SEDC
- Username: crt2nd
- password: sedc
Once you’ve entered in that information, click the ‘Import Data’ button. UTIPS Core will think for a minute, and if/when it’s successful you’ll see a green message letting you know that it was successful and that you need to log out of your account and log back in to see the new exams. The logout link is on the top right of the page.
That’s it! You should now have some new folders in ‘My Tests/Assessments’ with the three sub-tests of each subject for the grade(s) imported. To administer the tests to your students, make the test available to them in the ‘Overview’ options of the test, and add the students as participants in the ‘Participants’ tab.
Day 1 Resources:
- Classroom Assessment Techniques for formative assessment in the classroom (download the CAT Outline (PDF))
- Introduction to UTIPS from USOE
- Development of UTIPS Core
- My UTIPS Core Resources page
- Washington County UTIPS Core – http://wash.utips.org
- UTIPS Core Manual (PDF or eBook)
- Morning Session Minute ‘Paper’
- State UTIPS Core Resources
- “Inside The Black Box” Formative Assessment research article
- A great online equation editor
Day 2 Resources:
- PowerGrade Reports – Thanks WCSD Tech Team!
- PowerTeacher Login (works for desktop and mobile devices)
- PowerTeacher Admin Login (works for desktop and mobile devices)
- PowerTeacher iOS App (free)
- USOE Data Display – Login & Notes (download PDF below)
- Data Gateway (works best with the Firefox browser)
- Data Display Quick Users Guide (PDF below)
- Data Display Self Assessment Questions (assignment)
- Data Display School Data Audit Guide (PDF below)
- Get the message out with Remind101
- Formative Classroom Assessment with BYOD and Socrative, Mentimeter, & Poll Everywhere
- Google Docs in the Paperless Classroom and for Digital Portfolios
- SUU Credit Information:
- Name of Course: The New UTIPS and Data Analysis
- Department: EDUC
- Course#: 5165
- Section#: 150
- Credit Hours: 1
- Instructor: Charlie Roberts
- Registration Form Link
Thanks for attending the UTIPS Core training for Fiddlers Elementary School this afternoon. Let’s start by pointing you to the UTIPS Core link for Iron School District:
Here are the Enrollment Codes that you’ll need to set up an account on UTIPS Core for our training today. Also for your reference, here is the note sheet to keep track of your login & enrollment codes, as well as the UTIPS Core Resource Page and UTIPS Core Manual (PDF). You can always come back to sedcclint.com and access the UTIPS Core page on the left side of the screen.
Fiddlers Elementary School:
- Kindergarten – army35
- 1st Grade – crowd18
- 2nd Grade – outer34
- 3rd Grade – every66
- 4th Grade – pick30
- 5th Grade – them39
- 6th Grade – board69
- Special Education – blow31
The LEA ID for Iron School District is 13 – You’ll need this when creating student accounts. Student login ID’s for UTIPS Core should be the District ID# + PowerSchool ID. For example, if a student’s PowerSchool ID is 5432, their UTIPS Core login will be 135432. Their passwords can be whatever you’d like them to be – they can be the same for the whole class, whole school, or one of their choosing.