Thanks for joining us today to learn how to get the most out of your smartphone! Whether you have an iPhone or an Android-based phone, we’ll go through some great things that you may not have known you can do with your phone. I’ll apologize in advance – I have no experience with the BlackBerry, so if you came looking for help with this sort of phone, you are out of luck!
Have a question? Post it and join the discussion at http://todaysmeet.com/secretary
We’ll certainly have ample time for your questions, but I’ve put together some possible topics of apps and services that you should be using on your smartphone if you are not already!
- Built in on Android – “Navigate to Pizza!”
- MotionX GPS Drive or MapQuest on iPhone
- Voice commands and dictation
- Smarter voicemail with Google Voice
- Comes with any Gmail account – Take a tour!
- Google Voice on Android
- Google Voice on iPhone
- Grocery Lists with Grocery IQ on Android and iPhone
- Workout Tracking
- CardioTrainer on Android
- RunKeeper on iPhone
- Keeping notes
- Evernote on Android, iPhone or any other mobile device or computer platform
- Genius Scan on iPhone
- CamScanner on Android
- Easy photo sharing with picplz on Android and iPhone
Also, be sure to check out this post from my blog on Getting the Most from Your Android Phone, in addition to the iPhone Manual that Apple forgot. iPhone users can also access an online manual by launching the Safari app, opening up their bookmarks, and selecting ‘iPhone Users Guide’