Google Docs is a great alternative to the old way of writing papers for English class using Microsoft Office. Gone is the need to purchase their software for your computer at home, emailing documents back and forth, using flash-drives or even floppy discs that always seem to be where you are not to save files to (do you still use floppy disks?), and all of the other hassles associated with keeping track of and using those files. All you need is a connection to the Internet, and your files are there.
If the above video space is blank, you can watch it here.
- Log into your Gmail based email (Ironmail.org today).
- Click on the ‘Documents’ link near the top left of the page to view your Google Docs home.
- Create a new document with the information or format for the assignment (if you have not done so already), save it and close it.
- Click ‘Create new’ –> ‘From template’.
- Click Submit a template on the top right of the templates main page.
- Click Choose from your Google Docs and select a template from your Google Docs that you’d like to submit.
- Click Select.
- Enter a short description, pick one or two categories for the template, and select a language.
- Click Submit template.