OnTrack Section #: 73153, Course #: 59500
It’s great to be in Washington County with you all today! Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Creative Chromebook Apps (Google Presentation) – Web apps that you and your students can use to create amazing projects on the Chromebook
- Chrome Web Store – Browse what is available, or jump right to the Education or Elementary School categories. You may want to add the Google Classroom app as well.
- Google Classroom – Overview
- Google Classroom – Join me for a tour of this amazing Content Management System (CMS)
- Google in the Classroom – Self-paced lessons on 20 different Google services and tools, including Drive, Docs, Classroom, Chrome, Chromebooks, YouTube, as well as a module on Digital Citizenship.
- Some other Chromebook apps/tools that teachers are using:
With Classroom, you can use a combination of a Google Form as a quiz building tool and a great add-on called Flubaroo to grade your quizzes, evaluate the results, and even automatically email students their scores! This is a great combination to use for formative assessment in your classrooms.
Another option for formative assessment are classroom ‘clickers.’ Since you have access to Chromebooks, or even student cell phones, you can utilize some great (and FREE) web based student response and feedback systems – without the need to purchase additional single-purpose devices.
Here’s a rundown of some great options out there, and what it’s “Killer Feature” is:
|Socrative||Great overall features, has Teacher and Student apps, but not required|
|Mentimeter||Unlimited responses – great for school wide surveys|
|Poll Everywhere||SMS/Text voting from student cell phones, free teacher accounts|
|Nearpod||Presentation and assessment in one tool, great solution for classroom iPad labs, same app for teachers and students|
|Kahoot||“Gamified”, colorful and fun|
|Plickers||No student device needed – uses paper cards and a teacher cell phone or iPad camera|
|Google Forms & Flubaroo||Easy to build, no additional logins for teachers or students needed|