You can find these resources later by using the Promethean or Interactive White Boards tags on my site at: https://sedcclint.com/?tag=promethean or https://sedcclint.com/?tag=interactivewhiteboards
First Things First – Orient The Board
- To calibrate the board, right-click on the ACTIVControl icon in the system tray or on the top left of the board.
- Choose “Calibrate” and touch the arrows around the board with the pen.
- Help button (or anything else) not working correctly? You may need to download and install the needed drivers for your operating system.
Promethean ActivInspire Interactive Whiteboard Resources:
- 20 Easy Steps to start using ActivInspire (PDF)
- Promethean Planet – gateway to all of the resources and lessons you’ll need for your Promethean board. You’ll need to register for a free account to access the resources below.
- Download ActivInspire and the Resource Packs
- ActivTips – Short video clips to demonstrate how to do just about everything on your board
- Flipchart Fundamentals – Six simple steps to help you create great flipchart lessons for your students.
- Promethean Resources – Hover over ‘Resources’ above to quickly find flipcharts, quizzes, games, lesson plans in any subject
- ActivTips Podcast – learn the latest and best tips for your Promethean board! (Note: Link will open iTunes on your computer)
- Access the Interactive Whiteboard Resources page from UEN
Have an iPad? You can use these apps along with the built in AirPlay capabilities of your iPad to use it as a “slate” to wirelessly interact with and control your board/computer:
- Doceri – Probably the “Best in Class” solution for presenting in the classroom, with annotations and recording available as you teach. You’ll need the free iPad app and the $30 Doceri Desktop software running on your PC or Mac. You can try it free for 30 days!
- AirServer – This computer application allows you to mirror/present iPad apps and content to your computer & projector, as well as allow you to record this content, but does not have the annotation features that Doceri does. Try it free for 7 days or purchase for $11.99 (additional discounts for 10+ & 100+ licences).
ActivInspire Flipcharts – Kinda like a chalk board, but so much better
- With ActivInspire software, you can quickly access all lesson materials from one convenient location. Intuitive tools and features enable you to easily create, deliver and manage interactive lessons. You can also add graphics and multimedia content instantly to any assessment or lesson.
- Create your lessons beforehand, at home or at school, or during class on the fly.
- Save Flipcharts for later use, or export the pages as images, PDF’s, or web pages to share with your students (It’s a great idea to make these resources available to students and parents from your web site) – In ActivInspire, head to File –> Export to see the options.
- Demo the ActivInspire Tools