I’ve needed this information a time or two trying to get my iPod Touch and recently my iPad to ‘play nice’ with all of my contacts, email, and calendars that are Google hosted. So, I thought that I’d post it here so that my many fans and I can reference it quickly with the Google tags.
Get all of the details on this page, or head straight to the source page that is complete with screen shots for the iPhone/iPod Touch.
If the above instructions still do not get your calendars working, here’s the Global Thermonuclear Setup to add your calendars (Guaranteed to work!).
- Head to the ‘Settings’ on your iPad.
- Tap the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ tab under ‘Settings’ on the left.
- Under ‘Accounts’, tap ‘Add Account…’
- Tap ‘Other’ from the list – not Gmail or Exchange.
- Under ‘Calendars’, tap ‘Add CalDAV Account’
- Add the following for the requested settings (see the screenshot below):
- Server: www.google.com
- Username: FULL LONG email address – for me it’s ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘
- Password is your email password
- Description: Whatever you want to call these calendars for future reference
- Tap ‘Next’. Your default calendar will now be listed in the Calendar app on the iPad. Follow 1-8 above to add multiple calendars.