View the Agenda/Outline or the detailed workshop notes here. You can also access the presentation.
Day 1 Topics:
- Join the conversation and ask questions at TodaysMeet.
- The Basics
- home button – home screen, search screen
- double tap home to access latest apps, plus iPod & brightness controls & how to kill apps
- Creating Folders of apps – can manage this in iTunes as well
- Moving and deleting apps (Home row holds 6!)
- Gestures: Tap, Double tap, tap hold and drag, flip & swipe, pinch to zoom, rotate
- Copy & Paste
- Screen capture – press Home and Power button together to take a screen shot of whatever is on your screen.
- Getting in Gear: Settings
- Airplane mode
- Connecting to a WiFi hotspot
- Location Services?
- Change wallpaper and lock screen image
- Picture Frame
- How much space do I have left? General option will tell you
- Store – sign in to iTunes account (can use multiple accounts)
- WCSD Teacher observation tool
- Setting up your Google Apps Mail, Contacts & Calendars
- Set up Find My iPad
- Go over iPad presentation – Notes here
- File management – Get Dropbox!
- Great educational video content: iTunes U, eMedia & Kahn Academy – TED Online or the TED app
- Web shortcuts – Turns a web site into a clickable app icon. Set your home page, UTIPS page, Pioneer Library, eMedia, Kahn Academy, others?
- Clicker software – eClicker, eClicker Host – set up some quiz questions and show how to take a poll and display results
- Take poll of what participants would still like to learn at http://pollev.com/clint
Get a free sms student response system at Poll Everywhere
Day 2 Topics:
- List of iOS Educational Apps from Utah regional trainers
- App Show-N-Tell – Add your app to the list, or view the list here.
- Get Free eBooks and textbooks – make sure to download iPad Guide(s) from the store in the ‘Top Charts’ area
- Great Google Apps – Google Search, Maps, Google Earth
- FaceTime – Real-time video conferencing between any iOS device with a camera or any Mac with a camera and FaceTime installed from the App Store
- Resources from Dan Sinema, Apple Engineer
- Movie projects in iMovie – Here’s my instructions on how to create an educational infomercial (handout below)
- Quick projects in Animoto – Here’s my sample, and you can sign up for an free pro account for educators here.
- Create a digital story with StoryRobe
- Podcast projects in Garageband
Please enjoy the projects created at the end of Day 2 using iMovie, Animoto, StoryRobe & Garageband!
- Daily 5 by Jennifer L., Shana G., and Beverly S.
- Reading is Hot by Jennae S. and Anthony H.
- Personal Icebergs For Sale by Aaron B., Heidi M., Britney M., and Laura Z.
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go by James L. and Karen L.
- Dancing at the Track Meet by Tina S. & Pam G.
- Pismo Rocks! by Steve V.
- You Have Made A Difference by Celeste T. and Angela G.
- Snow Canyon State Park Infomercial by KerriLee B., Diane N. and Hollee C.
- Use The Force by Dawn F.
- 2010 Marathon by Sheryl S.
- More Free Time Infomercial by Dan R.
- Alaska by LeeAnn P.
- iPad Overload by Jayne S. & Karen F.
Here’s the link to the class registration form, and the class info follows:
EDUC 5155 150 Integrating the iPad and iPod into the Classroom