I’ve shared these amazing features of Google Docs with numerous teachers in trainings I’ve done for Google Drive & Docs, and have also made a rather large detour in my Google Classroom trainings to share these tools, but I had never recorded them to post here. I made my screen recording back in November, and posted it to YouTube, but I neglected to share it here, until now.
Google Docs & Drive provide classrooms with an amazing tool for productivity and basic word processing and presentations, but what if you want your students to dig deeper and be more creative? If it’s “Just a Chromebook,” what sorts of projects and products can your students create with web-based apps? Surprisingly, quite a bit.
In the presentation below, we’ll look at some advantages that Google Docs/Drive has over Microsoft Office, and also see some great alternatives to the Adobe Creative Apps out there. I’ve aligned all of these apps to the 4 different Depth of Knowledge levels out there for student work and projects.
Thanks for joining me today at the SEDC Secretaries Conference. Below is the presentation in PDF form – all of the links are live!
Here are the links included in the presentation:
- Best Settings for Emailing & Printing Digital Photos
- Kodak Top Ten Tips for Taking Better Photos
- Rule of Thirds
- PhotoStream PC Sync Setup
- Camera+ App (iOS)
- Instagram (iOS & Android)
- IncrediBooth App (iOS)
- Camera MX App (Android)
- Camera360 Ultimate App (Android)
- YouTube Capture App (iOS)
- YouTube Creator Studio (Android)
- Google Drive (iOS & Android)
- Google Photos Tour (Google Photos for iOS & Google Photos Android App)
- Online Photo Sharing in Plain English
- Video of embedding Google Presentation to a Google Site (My YouTube Channel)
- Example of embedded Google Presentation on a school web site
- Flickr Photo Sharing
Welcome to UCET 2015! Below are the links to all of my presentation resources – just click on the session you have attended, and you’ll be able to access my presentations directly, see all of the session notes and links to the apps and resources that I have presented. You can also find all of my session information on Sched!
Thursday, April 2
- 1:15 PM: Taking The Pain Out Of Password Management, Room 2119
- 3:00 PM: Getting Started with Google Classroom, Room 2119
Friday, April 4
Gmail Tips – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
Here are the links that were included in the presentation:
- Useful Gmail Searches – full list
- Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts – full list
- Creating Filters in Gmail
- Better Searches Better Results Gmail Search Tips (PDF)
- Google Docs & Drive Research Document – follow link and then File –> Make a copy