Does your district use Google Apps for Education (GAFE) for email, Docs and Drive? Do you have access to Chromebooks in your classroom? Do you use Google Docs with your students on a weekly basis? Then this is the session for you!
We will dive deep into Google Classroom. Classroom is Google’s version of an LMS (Learning Management System) that is designed to work incredibly well with teachers and schools who are using the Google Apps for Education platform. It has many features similar to Canvas, but it is entirely free to use. If you are in a district who is using Google Tools and you are using Google Docs to collect student work, Classroom is what you need. We will also take time to dig deep into some of the great features and tools available to you and your students in Google Docs for research, revision, dictation and more.
Here are the links and resources you’ll need for our session today:
- Google Classroom – access at classroom.google.com
- If you are in the SEDC region, log in with your school email (Gmail) account
- If you are outside of our region, I’ll give you a demo login to use
- If it’s your first time accessing Classroom, make SURE to choose the ‘Teacher’ role on the start page!
- Getting Started with Google Classroom post from sedcclint.com – you’ll find basically everything I know about Classroom there
- Useful Classroom Add-Ons
- Google Docs Research Activities
- More info on new Google Tools