Here’s the link to view today’s presentation
Links and resources mentioned in our session:
- ChaCha Smartphone Apps
- Google SMS
- List of Google SMS searches
- My Wiffiti board
- TextMarks, and TextMarks Lite
- Sign up for a free TextMarks account (lite site), or TextMarks for Teachers (14-Day free trial of the full TextMarks experience).
- Check out the MEC2011 TextMarks Group page
- TextMarks Alternatives?
- GroupMe – Group SMS with conference calling, photo sharing, and location sharing
- Beluga – Group messaging that requires a Facebook account
- Fast Society – Similar to GroupMe, but can be totally managed via iPhone or Android app.
- Poll Everywhere
- Sign up for a free educational Poll Everywhere account
- Poll: When would you use a Student Response System?
- Poll: What Cell Phone Technology Will You Try First?
- Blabberize – Fun site to make your photos talk!
- Great Blabberize examples of student created artwork and poetry brought to life
What if your students do NOT have an unlimited SMS plan or even a cell phone, but they DO have an iPod Touch? Try the textPlus app (iTunes link)
Poll Everywhere polls: